8 Steps for Starting Your Personal Driver’s Education School
- Everybody drives. Plain and simple, almost everyone will have to learn to safely operate a car sooner or later in their life. While it is correct that you can receive a license to operate a vehicle in many states without driver’s education training, driving schools are nevertheless in high demand.
- Auto insurance bills usually drop substantially if you can show a graduation certificate from a professional driver’s education school. As well as in most states, anyone under the chronilogical age of 18 will need driver’s education so that you can obtain a learner’s permit.
- For these reasons, starting your very own driving school can be a lucrative career opportunity.
Steps for Opening Your Personal Driving School
- Decide if you want to buy into a franchise like SurePass or 911.Franchising often is sold with a big franchising fee, but a sizable business such as this can supply you with a number of the materials you will have to start your driving school.
- Get DMV-certified to teach drivers.Packets on to be an avowed instructor can be obtained at the local Department of Motor Vehicles office.
- Get start-up funds from a financial loan or private investors.Writing a good, solid business plan with all of the expenses listed will likely be vital to this step.
- Put up your place of business.While some elect to instruct out of their homes, it is best to locate a building where you can put up your driving school.
- Get a driving school business license through the DMV.Be aware that state fees for driving schools could be up to $10,000.
- Ensure you get your car or cars.Be sure that any vehicle you may be using gets the proper insurance and signage for a student driver car. It could be prudent to set up a second brake system, instructor perspective mirrors, as well as perhaps even steering.
- Write out your lesson plans (using DMV certified teaching materials) and plan a safe, minimal traffic course to apply driving.Setting up a practice course in the parking area of your building is also a great idea, as long as there clearly was enough space.
- Advertise your new driving school.Don’t forget the value of employing social media marketing like Facebook or Twitter and building a web page to help promote your online business. Remember that nearly all your customers is going to be today’s tech-savvy youth.
Managing your Student Appointments and Scheduling
- Consider utilizing Appointment-Plus to simply help manage your driving class schedules. This is especially important if you are running a school with multiple students. Appointment-Plus will also help with advertising, because it allows you to add a “Book Now” button to your social media or web page.